September 1, 2018

Screaming O My Secret Vibrating Mascara: Discretion is a Must


Screaming O My Secret Vibrating Mascara

Discretion is a Must


When it comes to certain adult toys, secrecy is an important and at times necessary requirement, a selling point so commonplace that you hear it thrown out and about like last week’s leftovers: “Discreet design! Silent vibrations!” But at the end of the day, does this "miracle" toy actually hold up to these claims? What is true discretion anyway? I decided to crack this mystery by hunting down a pocket-sized companion that could pack a punch despite its size limitations. I wanted a vibrator I could conceal in my bag, a toy so subtle it would never expose my dirty hobbies. And when the doors are locked and the lights are out, I’d have on hand a spicy little number to keep my fingers clean.

Vibrators hidden beneath everyday makeup tools have a certain charm about them that always appealed, so my search began there. While lipstick designs are in abundance, the effect is akin to just using a bullet vibrator, and I desired a more unique experience. While browsing Spice2Nite’s website for ideas, I stumbled across a faux-mascara vibrator from a company promisingly named Screaming O. I attempted to buy it in-person first to get an idea of its size and potential durability through the packaging, but after waiting two months for the item arrive at to the store, I lost my patience and committed to an online purchase elsewhere instead.

The Screaming O Mascara normally retails for $15.99. I received a slight discount at my time of purchase (some $3-4 off), and shipping and tax calculations brought the final total to approximately $20. All in all, I consider it a good buy despite the endless difficulties I still suffer trying to replace the batteries. At the time, it wasn’t available on Amazon, but now the marketplace offers it for around $10.50 with free shipping if you have Amazon Prime. If my quest to locate the correct size of replacement batteries is unsuccessful, I’ll most likely order a brand new model from Amazon.

The dimensions of the Screaming O Mascara are mostly irrelevant since its vibration function defines its primary use and not its length or girth. However, it is comparatively larger than an off-the-shelf brand of mascara, but not unreasonably so, and no surface markings would communicate its true purpose anyway. 8.5 in (21.6 cm) long in total with a 1.2 in (3 cm) diameter/3.8 in (7.7 cm) circumference, you can insert the entire thing if you wish, but the vibrations hardly penetrate through the plastic and the surface is too smooth to provide much pleasure. The actual “mascara applicator” clocks in around 3 in (7.6 cm) long.

The exterior of the toy is made from a TPR/TPE plastic with some metallic elements and a switch located on the bottom that controls both the on/off function and vibrations. A single press will cycle through the patterns while a long hold turns the toy on and off. The interior wand is made from a silicone that Screaming O claims is latex and pthalate free, and I’m inclined to believe this because it imparts no smell even when first removed from the packaging. The “applicator” is tipped with super soft flexible spikes that initially appear intimidating but feel amazing against your skin with a gentle and easy give yet still firm enough to impart significant stimulation even before turning on the vibrations. Although the wand appears dainty, the Screaming O Mascara feels solidly built and can take a beating whether in a purse or inside you. The cap of mine has a scuff on it from when it fell out of my bag onto the concrete, but overall it still remains intact. My major concern as with most battery-powered toys is with the awkward AG13 batteries required to power it. Thankfully, it already comes with a set to start you out but locating replacements is becoming a frustrating endeavor, but more on that later.

There are four distinct vibration options: three continuous ones with varying intensities and an extensive tease phase. For the first time ever, I actually fell in the love with the unpredictable pattern option. The pattern repeats after a good 3-5 minutes which keeps you on your toes and always guessing. This proved to be a favorite while driving if I want an effective way to fire up my sex drive for my arrival home. I either clamp it between my legs or stuff it into my jeans at just the right angle for a dreamy and exciting hands-free experience. Although the vibration strength isn’t enough to actually make me climax, the pattern hiccups are enough to drive me up the wall and bring me to the edge.

And this toy makes for the best coworker to close with. After all is cleaned and counted and ready for the next day, it’s only a matter of hiking up my skirt and going to town at my leisure and at my whim. I’ve enjoyed it while sequestered in the bathroom while seated on the toilet, nestled on the stairs leading to the basement, on the computer chair with my legs thrown up on the desk, and huddled in a dark corner illuminated only by the light of my phone. What a thrill! The Screaming O Mascara is so relaxing and tantalizing, providing just enough tickle to stimulate without overexerting my nerves. When aiming for the finish line, I prefer the first and second flat-drone intensities especially when dealing with fresh batteries. I save the third and final strength for either the final lap or when I have less battery juice to work with. I generally avoid using the toy with the cap still on because it only provides a slight pressure, not enough to make any sort of difference even with the vibration at maximum. I sometimes use it separate from the body and in conjunction with the vibrating tip as a form of foreplay, but it usually sits to the side as I go about my business.

True to my goals and standards, the Screaming O Mascara is virtually silent and authentically pocket-sized, the perfect discreet toy to add to your arsenal. Although not fully waterproof, the cleanup is straightforward enough that there is no risk of drowning the battery housing. Its compact quality makes it an invaluable asset for spur of the moment arousal especially if on the road and away from home. However, as I’ve alluded to already, the battery situation is a nightmare. I still need to address errors and solve this problem because the AG13 replacement batteries I purchased fail to sit correctly in the housing and provide a weak charge, if at all. These batteries may be faulty or perhaps I’m putting them in wrong or damaged the circuits somehow, but I’m at a point where I’m prepared to fork over additional money for a new model. I miss having it at my disposal that much. Thankfully, the original batteries lasted quite a long time so I certainly got a fair amount of use from it before this fiasco started. As long as you’re aware of the potential battery situation, I highly recommend giving the Screaming O Mascara a try and keeping it handy for those moments when your dirty mind takes over. It’ll be our little secret.


Summary

Size: ★★★★★

Cost: ★★★★★

Texture: ★★★★☆

Material: ★★★★☆

Ease of use: ★★★☆☆

Effectiveness: ★★★★★

Final rating: ★★★★☆


For more info:

Screaming O Website
                          Shop
Spice2Nite
Amazon

Want to help contribute to the cause? Check out the blog wish list on Amazon!

Gift givers will receive a free hi-res file of the illustration promoting the item they purchased as well as a special shout-out as that month's patron.

Want to be a guest reviewer on the blog?
Send an email to missannabellehawkins !at gmail.com and we can set up an interview! Guests also receive a hi-res file of their toy illustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment