October 1, 2017

nü Sensuelle Extreme: Too Much of a Good Thing


nü Sensuelle Extreme

Too Much of a Good Thing


When shopping for an adult toy, especially online, descriptions tend to boast promises like, "Powerful vibrations! Over 20 different functions! You will experience the most intense orgasms ever!" This convinced me to empty my bank account immediately on a handful of occasions. But I quickly understood a toy needs more than just a powerful motor to provide that flawless blend of sensations. With a name like the nü Senselle Extreme, I expected nothing less than one hell of a ride that left me quaking under my sheets, but what I received instead was dissatisfaction and a lesson well learned: you can have too much of a good thing. So I advise you, my dear readers, to take these advertisements with a grain of salt and recognize that powerful does not necessarily mean best.

Like my Shibari Halo Wand, I purchased my nü Sensuelle Extreme at The Garden, a local adult shop in Ohio staffed by a handful of friendly and knowledgeable individuals. After my resounding success with "Magic Mic" based on their product recommendations, I sought another powerful traveling companion to pair with my wand. At this point in time, I'd nearly finished vacating my Ohio apartment and prepared to endure my last interstate drive with my belongings. Because I spent such a prolonged amount of time on the road, I wanted a toy smaller, more discreet and essentially the perfect pocket-sized pal, thus preventing me from packing a duffel bag full of sex toys when I traveled. Ideally, I desired something that doubled as a bullet vibrator and a dildo for on-the-fly stimulation changes without busting out the toy box and dirtying more pieces, a luxury I could not afford during a move. I also wanted a slim little number to share with my lady since her sensitivity to size and girth prevents her from experimenting with any of my other toys. And so, while passing through Ohio on my way to the East Coast, I picked up this Extreme and gave it a whirl in my motel room that night.

The nü Sensuelle Extreme normally sells for $76.99 which, armed with the experiences and knowledge I have now, is an absurd price for something I deem only average in function. At the time, I believe I paid around $60 for it in-store. Even though I purchased it only a few years ago, the company discontinued this specific model in favor of the Touch and Point which I presume still retail for approximately the same cost. Even Amazon no longer carries the Extreme model. Other online marketplaces may still offer the Extreme, but as far as my research goes, it is officially retired from the adult toy industry.

Even without the specific dimensions, slender best describes the overall size of this toy: 6 in (15 cm) long with a 3 in (8 cm) circumference/1 in (2.5 cm) diameter. Unfortunately, this personally prevents me from using the Extreme as a suitable dildo because it lacks enough girth to properly stimulate me. I'm aware of the sensation of it sliding in and out of me, but I derive no pleasure from this. Still, the sleekness and initial vibrations feel pleasant enough that it offers decent foreplay. In addition, for those readers who raise their eyebrows in horror at the average girth of my recommended toys, this may be the ideal companion for you.

Like many of the futuristically-styled, sleek adult toys, the nü Sensuelle Extreme offers an utterly smooth surface of high-quality silicone over a sturdy plastic interior. I always adore the way this silicone feels on your bare skin, like when I brush the back of my hand against my lady's thigh, silky in an otherworldly sort of way. And this sleekness also means the toy is extremely easy to clean and maintain.

But, as I previously mentioned, I find it difficult to use the Extreme as a dildo due to its slender size providing me next to no stimulation. When I perform a pistoning action by thrusting it in and out, the sensations feel pleasant enough but only when conducted at a machine-gun pace. Such a slim profile offers minimal surface area for a proper handhold and therefore, when coupled with how rapidly I must thrust, causes my hand and wrist to cramp up almost immediately. Especially when lube gets involved, it easily pops right out of your grip.

Unfortunately, it fails to work solely as a vibrator too, which leaves me wondering how I'm supposed to use it at all. Unlike with the Shibari Halo Wand, the vibrations are not concentrated in one area but dispersed throughout the entire toy. It works well enough when paired with better toys such as the Halo Wand, but when used alone, it falls short. Because the vibrations are not centered in the tip, it doesn't function well for clitoral stimulation. I experience the buzzing most in my fingertips and not against my other tips. These vibrations operate best internally, but again, the nature of the stimulation is not climax-inducing. While powerful, they do not penetrate my nerves because my body absorbs most of the shock and dissipates it before it arouses me. As for anal play, that's absolutely out of the question. I attempted it once and only once. Even on the lowest setting, I experience only pain because the sensations are much too powerful and cause my body to involuntarily tense and clamp down around the toy.

Yes, this toy provides powerful vibrations just as its marketing description promises, but because they are not deep and rich, the power level becomes meaningless. Although it boasts twenty different functions, anything past the first setting numbs me within the first few minutes and borders on painful. Beyond the first three steady drones, the rhythmic patterns it offers tease and pleasure mildly but are still too sporadic and varied and only distract rather than tantalize. Only three or four patterns have any noteworthy merit and are worth using at all, but keeping track of their locations in the pattern list makes them obnoxious to cycle to. Plus the massive button press necessary to even change patterns automatically makes it a waste of time. You must force your finger deep into the end of the toy before the button clicks. On top of that, the best patterns incorporate the maximum vibration strength possible causing overstimulation anyway.

As for the battery, it provides zero indication when it needs charging. Unlike with other toys where the vibration strength decreases over time as the charge runs out, the Extreme simply shuts off abruptly with no warning. So unless you charge it daily or after every use, if you happen to be in the middle of a heated session and it hasn't visited the charging dock recently, you are out of luck. The charging dock itself desperately requires a redesign as well. Made of flimsy weak plastic, it implements no weight system in the base so knocking it over is disgustingly simple even before you set the toy in it. While the Extreme utilizes nodules that nestle in the charging dock, these nubs are not magnetic and do not snap into place. The entire set-up is very precarious, and you must balance it perfectly in order to charge it correctly.

I used to consider the Extreme a worthwhile use of my money and time, but now I own other toys that far outperform it. Sadly, it now gathers dust on my shelf while I focus my attention on other potentials and favorites. Though a convenient travel size and made from fantastic materials, it's simply more trouble than it's worth. I never thought I'd consider a toy too powerful for my tastes, yet here I am. I find this a shame because the toy has a truly lovely design but is just lackluster in every other way.

Even if aspects of this toy appeal to you and you're considering purchasing one, I recommend spending your hard-earned money towards something more useful and more likely to stimulate you in the correct ways. If you desperately need vibrations as powerful as this, then you've found the perfect tool. But if you're like me, your money is best utilized elsewhere on something better tailored to your needs.


Summary

Size: ★★★☆☆

Cost: ★★☆☆☆

Texture: ★★★★☆

Material: ★★★★★

Ease of use: ★★★☆☆

Effectiveness: ★★☆☆☆

Final rating: ★★★☆☆


For more info:


Want to help contribute to the cause? Check out the blog wish list on Amazon!

Gift givers will receive a free hi-res file of the illustration promoting the item they purchased as well as a special shout-out as that month's patron.

Want to be a guest reviewer on the blog?
Send an email to missannabellehawkins !at gmail.com and we can set up an interview! Guests also receive a hi-res file of their toy illustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment